Enjoy accessible holidays in Dorset – the Tramper at Highlands End Holiday Park is an all-terrain electric mobility scooter available for hire to explore 5 miles of trails on the Jurassic Coast. It is open to use by guests staying at all of our holiday parks, as well as local residents and we recommend booking to avoid disappointment, by visiting the Park Reception or by calling 01308 426912.
The Tramper is available to anyone who has difficulty walking and there is no need to be registered as disabled, have a Blue Badge or use a wheelchair or scooter. The hire fee is £2.50 an hour, to help support the scheme being offered by Countryside Mobility, who offer Tramper hire at around 50 beauty spots across the South West.
The Tramper copes well on all different types of terrain and there is a map available showing the routes that can be used around the holiday park, including to West Bay and to Eype. Instructions are provided by the Park Reception on how to use the Tramper, which is really easy to get the hang of and they will make sure you feel safe and comfortable before setting off.
Terms & Conditions
- User must be accompanied by one other person and bring a working mobile phone
- Tramper is available for hire all year round, however on some routes this may be restricted between October and March.
- Please only use the routes on the map which have been audited as safe
- Do not take the Tramper inside – if you want to go in a building, leave the Tramper in a place where it is not an obstruction and take the keys with you
- Do not take the tramper on the beach
- Please note the permitted route does not take you into Bridport as the Tramper is not suitable for narrow pavements and to go in buildings
- Return on time – emergency procedures will commence within 15 minutes if you are late
- In case of problems call 01308 426912
- Take particular care and reduce speed:
- In the harbour side where there are unprotected drops
- Areas where there are lots of people
- Downhill and uneven terrain
- Passing through gates
- Driving on and crossing roads
Enjoy exploring by Tramper!View the map