Dog Friendly Holidays in Dorset
If you’re searching for dog friendly holidays in Dorset then look no further! At West Dorset Leisure Holidays, there is no need to leave your dogs behind when you come away on holiday. We welcome dogs and provide a range of dog friendly accommodation across our Holiday Parks, so the whole family can enjoy the Jurassic Coast! 35% of all of our guests bring a dog on holiday with them!
With all of our Holiday Parks being either close to the South West Coast Path or surrounded by countryside and footpaths, there is no better place to holiday with your dogs. The on-park facilities at Highlands End Holiday Park including Martin’s Bar & Restaurant are also specifically designed to meet the needs of dog owners and all of our parks have a dedicated exercising meadow. Charges apply to bring dogs with you on holiday and you can find the information below. We do not charge for registered assistance dogs.
- Dog friendly Lodges, Caravans, Bungalows, Glamping Pods and Safari Tents
- Dogs welcome with Touring Caravan, Motorhome, Campervan and Tent bookings
- Up to 2 dogs per booking (1 in glamping pods at Highlands End)
- Dogs welcome at Martin’s Bar & Restaurant
- Dogs permitted on most West Dorset beaches
- Doggy Shower and Doggy Menu at Highlands End Holiday Park
- Dinners, treats, poo bags, leads, ground stakes and toys for sale in the Park Shops at Highlands End and Golden Cap Holiday Parks.
- Dogs stay for £1 per night in low season
- We have dog tie points outside key locations on the parks, including the toilet & shower blocks and park shops
Martin’s Bar & Restaurant
Martin’s Bar & Restaurant at Highlands End Holiday Park is a fantastic dog friendly venue. Just a short walk from the coast path, Martin’s is open to guests of all WDLH Holiday Parks, as well as local residents. Many areas of the venue allow dogs and there is a large beer garden outside with views to Bridport and the surrounding countryside. There are dog bowls with water and doggy treats available! There are also dog-free areas within the building so please take notice of signage and do as the team asks. Both you and your dogs can enjoy a warm welcome and a delicious meal.
Tips & Rules
- Leads – Please ensure you bring a lead for your dog. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times while on the park, unless within the enclosed designated dog exercising areas or inside your accommodation.
- Supervision – Please don’t leave dogs unattended at any time on the parks, in your accommodation or in vehicles.
- Essentials – Don’t forget to bring any of your doggy essentials such as food and toys. The designated dog friendly luxury lodges at Highlands End and Golden Cap Holiday Parks have dog beds included but don’t forget to bring a blanket! Our park SPAR shops at Highlands End and Golden Cap stock a range of doggy essentials.
- Dog friendly accommodation – Dogs are only allowed in the designated dog friendly accommodation. If you take a dog into hire accommodation that is not allocated as dog friendly, you will be required to pay an additional fee of £80.00 for the deep cleaning of the accommodation and/or asked to find alternative accommodation for your pet so please ensure you book a dog friendly unit and tell us how many dogs you are bringing.
- Furniture – Please keep dogs off the furniture and soft furnishings in your designated dog friendly accommodation.
- Max number – We welcome a maximum of 2 dogs per booking or 1 in certain glamping accommodation due to the limited space.
- Fouling – Any dog fouling must be cleared up and bins are provided around the parks for this purpose.
- Dangerous breeds – We do not allow dangerous breeds, as per the Dangerous Dog Act 1991.
- Vets – Should you require their services, there are 2 local vets nearby in Bridport – Bredy Vets (01308 456771) and Hayden Vets (01308 456808)
Lodges, Caravans, Bungalows & Glamping
The price to bring a dog to stay with you is £40 per dog for week bookings and £30 per dog for short breaks.
Touring and Camping
The price to bring a dog to stay with you is £3 per dog per night in mid and high season and £1 per dog per night in low season.
A day at Highlands End as told by Harry the golden retriever
“Woof woof says Harry! We would like to welcome you to one of the WDLH Parks. Although they are all dog friendly, we spent the day at Highlands End and we cannot believe how many friends we met! Here is our guide to a perfect doggy day at Highlands End!
Daisy and I started the morning off with a fabulous run and a game of fetch in the park’s dog exercising area. Here we can run around off the lead and see the amazing views across the coastline. We had great fun burning off some energy, ready for a quick rest and drink back at the Motorhome before heading to the Park Shop where our owner’s picked up some morning pastries and some yummy dog food! After some breakfast ourselves, we began to get restless so after a few teasing barks, we were off for a walk down to Eype Beach with a small picnic and a day out swimming and rock pooling under Thorncombe Beacon. It took me a while to build up the courage to go swimming but Daisy jumped right in off the pebbles! It was so nice to cool off and swim after chasing a ball along the beach, which we pretty much had to ourselves!
After the picnic we walked back up the hill to the park and had a quick wash in the doggie shower to clean off the sand and salt water. After a nice long sleep in the late afternoon sun, it was time to head to Martin’s Bar & Restaurant. It’s great that most of the venue is dog friendly so Daisy and I could relax in the warm with our owners and meet other doggies. We had a quick pit stop at one of the water bowls before getting some treats from the bar and a couple of bits off the doggie menu, including some delicious doggie ice cream! As good as our food was, our owner’s burger and steak looked incredible! A short walk back to the Motorhome and it was time for bed, not before saying hello to Jack and Matthew, the park wardens! Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming and we’ve met so many doggie friends. Tomorrow we’re heading off round the local area! Our owners used the WDLH app to research dog friendly attractions, beaches and places to eat so we can’t wait to explore some more and discover Dorset!”
Dog Friendly Holiday Homes for Sale
If you love visiting Dorset and would enjoy more holidays here, why not look into Holiday Home Ownership. We have new and pre-owned Holiday Homes for sale on all our parks to suit any budget from £11,500 to £300,000+ (subject to availability). All of our Holiday Parks and all of the Holiday Homes are dog friendly and we allow up to 2 dogs. It’s a great way for your family and four legged friends to see Dorset throughout the seasons. Holiday Homes enjoy a season of either 9 or 10.5 months. Visit the Holiday Homes in Dorset website to find out more.
41 x 20ft
40 x 20ft
33 x 12ft
40 x 13ft
40 x 13ft