We’re immensely proud that Highlands End Holiday Park has been nominated as a finalist in the Dorset Tourism Awards for Holiday Park of the Year 2019/20 and West Dorset Leisure Holidays is in the final three at the “Family Business Award” at the Dorset Business Awards!
The whole team work incredible hard throughout the year to maintain the star standards on the park and look to continuously improve and invest in the facilities and accommodation on the park. This is the first time we have entered the Dorset Business Awards but not the first time we have entered the Dorset Tourism Awards. Highlands End Holiday Park previously won gold in the Holiday Park of the Year category in 2013 and 2015 and finishing with a silver award in 2018.
The awards and the inspection look at all aspects of the park including the accommodation, facilities, marketing, photos, reviews, awards, social media and how we have improved and developed the customer experience over the last few years. Some of the aspects the assessors were impressed with, included:
- Refurbishment and extension of Martin’s Bar & Restaurant
- A new website and streamlined booking process
- The new Holiday Planner on the website
- Money raised by our visitors for the Jurassic Coast Trust – totalling over £8,000 in 2018
- Improving the rates of recycling across the park
- Refurbishments to the park reception and Highlands End Leisure Club
- More activities for visitors, including the new Soft Play, classes in the pool and the nature trail
- Improving customer service with our Dorset Diamond Feedback Cards
- New accommodation including Lodges, Pods and Caravans
- Vehicle charging points
We have welcomed over 20,000 people to the park already this year and have received hundreds of great reviews, so thanks to everyone that has enjoyed a memorable holiday with us. The awards ceremony for the Dorset Tourism Awards takes place at The Tank Museum on 17th October, so fingers crossed we will be welcoming you back to the Dorset Holiday Park of the Year in 2020, to see more great changes with investment planned over the coming months! And hopefully we will be Family Business of the Year when the Dorset Business Awards are announced on 28th November!