Pre-arrival information for holidaymakers
Due to Covid-19, we have made many changes to the way we operate so it is vital that all visitors (including regular visitors) read the essential information below before arrival (we know there is a lot, but it’s really important!). Thank you. Things will look and operate differently to what you are used to so please be prepared for that. More information can be found on our FAQs and Covid-19 Blog and any queries can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Check In – On some holiday parks at busy times, a member of the team may be available at the Park entrance to check you in without leaving your vehicle. Where this is not the case, please get 1 member of your party to visit the Park Reception.
- Arrivals Time – Please respect and follow the check in times – 2pm for touring & camping and 4pm for self-catering accommodation & glamping. If you are staying in self-catering or glamping accommodation, we will call you when the accommodation is ready and you can go straight there.
- Late arrivals – If you plan to arrive after 6pm or are delayed, please call your park reception, who will give you instructions (numbers below).
- Track & Trace – We need to comply with Government guidance by having contact details for every visitor to the Holiday Parks. If this information wasn’t collected on book in, you will be asked for it on check-in. This information will also be required to visit Martin’s Bar & Restaurant at Highlands End Holiday Park. If you have any visitors to the park, please ensure you inform the Park Reception of their details.
- Park Receptions – Highlands End (01308 426912), Golden Cap (01297 480010), Graston Copse (01308 897361), Sandyholme (01305 852677).
Health & Supplies
- Covid-19 Symptoms – Please only travel to the park if you are fit to do so and are showing no symptoms of Covid-19. Stay at home and don’t travel if already ill or if Test and Trace has contacted you. If you start to feel unwell during your stay, do not ignore or try to hide your symptoms. It is important that you act quickly to help yourself and protect those around you. It is your responsibility to stay safe and keep others safe. Please call 111 for advice and call your park emergency number and let us know as soon as possible, before considering leaving for home to self-isolate. Please remember, your main residence is the best location for NHS support.
- PPE – We recommend bringing adequate supplies of hand sanitiser and any other PPE you may wish to bring for your holiday e.g. gloves, face masks etc.
- Face Masks – Face masks are a requirement to enter the Park Shops or Park Receptions.
- Supermarkets – Although supermarkets local to the parks are open, please bring as many of the essentials with you from home as you can to reduce pressure on local services and the number of people using local supermarkets. As well as food and drink, please ensure you bring adequate supplies of soap, gloves, hand gel, toilet roll and hand sanitiser.
- Contactless – The parks will be cashless as much as possible, with payments only accepted by debit or credit card, contactless of BACs (no cheques).
- Towels – We are sorry but no towels or tea towels will be provided in self-catering accommodation for those that normally did, so please bring these with you.
- Wifi – For codes, please call your Park Reception. Payment will be taken over the phone and you will be given your code.
- Deliveries – We are unable to accept guest’s delivery parcels. If you get food delivered, please meet them at the Park entrance and ensure that they know to do so and the same applies for supermarket deliveries, but as mentioned already, please try and bring everything you need with you from home.
- Refuse & Recycling – Please use the refuse and recycling bins provided around the park – we are trying to achieve 50% recycling throughout 2020. Please wash your hands or use sanitiser after touching bins.
- Visitors – If you have anyone visit you that isn’t staying with you, please email your Park Reception with the following details – dates they are on the park and name, email address and telephone number for each visitor. Highlands End (firstname.lastname@example.org), Golden Cap (email@example.com), Graston Copse (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sandyholme (email@example.com).
Social Distancing & Hygiene
- Signage – There will be signage around the parks displaying the rules for social distancing. Please comply at all times to keep guests and our team safe.
- Social Distancing rules – Please follow the current Government guidance while on and off the park:
- Maintain the recommended distance from other groups and members of our team
- Adhere to one-way systems or queuing arrangements that are in place
- Walk on the left-hand side of the road wherever possible
- In rare instances where social distancing may not be possible, there will be additional shielding / PPE measures
- Only one member of your party should visit the Park Reception
- Children – We ask that any children under 15 are accompanied by an adult in any public / communal areas of the park.
- Personal Hygiene – please maintain your personal hygiene standards by regularly washing your hands and using a disposable tissue to catch any coughs or sneezes.
- Cleaning – We have introduced a number of enhanced cleaning measures across the parks, including the use of anti-bac cleaning alongside our usual cleaning products and frequent deep-cleaning and disinfection of communal areas, accommodation high risk touch points. Gloves and PPE are provided to our housekeeping teams and sanitiser will be available in key areas of the park.
- Self-Catering and Glamping
- Linen Bag – Please put all of your bed linen (other than the mattress protector and pillow protectors) into the linen bag that was in your accommodation on arrival, ready for us to collect after your departure. Thank you.
- Declaration – Please ensure one member of your party has signed the Covid-19 Declaration that was in the accommodation with your linen bag and leave this in your accommodation when you depart, confirming that no-one in your party has had any symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay.
- Departure process
- Please dispose of any rubbish, recycling and food waste.
- Leave your key in your accommodation.
- Open windows (weather dependent).
- Please ensure you have taken everything with you as part of our Covid-19 cleaning standards means we cannot keep or return any lost property.
- Depart by 10am.
- Text one of the numbers below (with your accommodation name / number) to let us know you have left – Highlands End (07850 908057), Golden Cap (07850 908059), Graston Copse (07435 970568), Sandyholme (07746 373731).
- Touring and Camping
- Departure Process – Please depart by 11am on the day of your departure. If you wish to extend your stay, please call your Park Reception to check availability. There is no need to let us know you are leaving as our team will have a list of who is departing.
- Toilet & Shower Blocks – For touring and camping visitors, our toilet and shower blocks are open. However we do ask that you please use your private on-board facilities if you have them, to reduce the numbers using the blocks and to ensure everyone’s safety and social distancing.
- Hand washing – The washing up sinks, laundries, chemical disposal points, motorhome service points and tap points will all be open – please wash or sanitise your hands after use.
- Washing Up Sinks – Due to social distancing, some washing up sinks may be closed at the toilet & shower blocks. At Highlands End, there is an Easy Be Dishwasher that can be used, which takes just 5 minutes and costs just £1.
- Martin’s Bar & Restaurant – Martin’s Bar & Restaurant at Highlands End Holiday Park will be open for indoor and outdoor meals, as well as click & collect takeaway. We highly recommend booking a table by calling 01308 426919. We have implemented a number of measures:
- Open 9am to 9pm every day (food served 9am to 11am & 12pm to 8pm)
- A new Italian menu, with some daily specials & British classics – social distancing has changed the way we operate both front and back of house and our chefs have designed a fantastic freshly-made menu that allows us to maintain social distancing in the kitchen
- Eat Out to Help Out Scheme – 3rd to 31st August on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Eat in or takeaway breakfast available daily 9am to 11am
- Sunday Carvery available weekly 12pm to 8pm – call 01308 426919 to book a table
- Full table service or order online
- Food pick-up points
- Increased outside space – feel free to bring picnic blankets and camping chairs for our lawn with great views
- Socially distanced tables
- More sanitiser points
- Maître D on the door
- Takeaway packaging and recyclable glasses
- One-way system and new signage
- Little Fire Station Soft Play – Following current Government guidelines, the Little Fire Station Soft Play at Highlands End Holiday Park remains closed.
- Highlands End Leisure Club
- Sessions daily from 8am
- Sauna and steam room remain closed under Swim England and Government guidance
- Sessions must be pre-booked and can be booked from 7 days in advance up until 24 hours before a session starts – book now – to book within 24 hours, please call 01308 426945 during opening hours.
- Sessions last 1.5 hours – 15 minutes to arrive, 45 minute swim and 15 minutes to leave
- Max of 16 people per session
- Swim Sessions (over 12s only) with lane swimming for fitness and swimming rather than leisure or play
- Family Sessions with lanes and children of all ages welcome
- All holidaymakers who wish to book a session for a child/junior will need to use the discount code ‘junior’, or if booking for more than one, enter the quantity after e.g. ‘junior2’ for 2 juniors, ‘junior3’ for 3 juniors etc.
- Lodge, Apartment & Deluxe Caravan guests with complimentary use included – a discount code is displayed in your accommodation or call 01308 426912
- You will be asked your booking number upon arrival to confirm the correct payment has been made
- Tramper Hire – Off-road electric mobility scooter
Our off road Electric Mobility Scooter is now available to hire from Highlands End Holiday Park. Our all-terrain mobility scooter is designed specifically to cover rough ground and grass safely. It can go up and down slopes, over bumps and tree roots, through shallow puddles, mud and soft ground. It’s built to explore and costs £2.50 an hour to hire. Instructions for use and a route map are provided – with over 3 miles of trails suitable, including going into and around West Bay, through the village of Eype and seeing the coast path view point from the end of the park.
The Tramper is suitable for anyone who struggles with walking distances or up hills or who has limited mobility of any kind. At a top speed of 4mph, families and friends can walk along side. Pre-booking is advised to ensure the Tramper is available – please visit the Park Reception, call 01308 426912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A leaflet is available from the Park Reception with more details and terms.
- Plan your Holiday – Please use our Holiday Planner to find local beaches, attractions, places to eat and places to visit during your stay. Please note that it is worth checking with the businesses directly first to check they are open and what measures are in place.
- Be responsible – Please try to avoid busy place, dispose of your litter, follow local advice, respect wildlife, have good hand hygiene, enjoy beaches safely and respect social distancing. There may be some unease among local residents with a large volume of holidaymakers visiting this rural area and we are working together with the local community and local businesses.
- Footpaths – On footpaths and coast paths, we suggest walking to the left. Please close gates to ensure livestock are not let out, unless there are notices on gates with requests to leave open to reduce touch points.
- Disposable BBQs – Disposable BBQs are banned from public parks, gardens, beaches and woodland in Bridport & West Bay. If you use them, please do so responsibly. Raise them off the ground and make sure you have enough water to fully extinguish them before disposing of them responsibly. There have been a number of recent examples of large fires in heathland and woodland being caused by disposable BBQs that have been left or not fully extinguished.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I contact you?
- What park facilities are open?
- What safety measures are in place on the parks?
- What should I bring with me on holiday?
- Can I get takeaways delivered to the park?
Book Direct with Confidence
Should the Government close holiday parks, impose local lockdowns or you test positive for Covid-19, you are covered by our Coronavirus Guarantee.
In relation to the Coronavirus outbreak, you are covered for the following:
- The park is closed
- UK Government restrictions on travel
- A member of the party, or close family relative living in the same household, are diagnosed with COVID-19
In the event of any of the above circumstances, you can contact us between 28 days and 72 hours before arrival and choose one of the following options:
- Transfer of dates up until December 2021
- Receive a credit note to use against a future holiday
- Cancel and receive a full refund
Be kind – we are all dealing with unprecedented circumstances and everyone is trying their best to manage the situation and provide a safe and enjoyable holiday. Please treat others with respect, observe social distancing and show consideration to other holidaymakers, our team and the local community.
Stay safe and enjoy your holiday!
To book, check your booking, make a balance payment or book to come again, you can book online here!
With thanks to our colleagues at Park Holidays for the above video